I Loved You First is my first attempt at the New Adult genre. I have others in the making which include Trinity, a gal you’ll meet in I Loved You First. For now, sit back and enjoy the read.
As a freshman in college, Alex looks forward to fun times with her best friend. When Seth decides cycling through girlfriends is the way to fit in with the straight crowd, Alex must make a choice: watch Seth give his affection–though phony–to another while her heart breaks or come clean with her feelings and risk losing his friendship forever.
I LOVED YOU FIRST is a new adult love story told through the eyes of Alex, an African-American/Caucasian student, who takes a journey of self-discovery while watching her best friend come to terms with his sexuality.
- The online home for writer Benjamin Jones ~ 10 out of 10. Get this book! Anyone that has ever been in love with a best friend, or been in love PERIOD with someone they KNEW they could never be with, will relate and be able to appreciate this book for the greatness that it is.
- Creativedeeds ~ 5 dragonflies. I had no idea how far the book would draw me in once I started.
- Magic of Reading ~ 4 hearts. I’d recommend this book for Straight, Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Curious and everyone else in the world really.
- Black Diamonds Book Review ~ 5 Diamonds. I Loved You First hooked me from the very beginning and never let me down.
- Book Junkie ~ 4 flowers. Rich in emotion and such a stunningly real character driven story, Jacobs delivers everything the readers are looking for and more!!!
- Aobibliophile ~ 4 clovers. Alex’s unrequited love and Seth’s attempts to “stay in the closet” bring drama and conflict which caught my attention from the story’s beginning to its unexpected conclusion.
Looking for more reviews? Feel free to surf the ILYF Blog Tour calendar. 🙂 You’ll find it full of rave!
The BoOki3 (Alex)
-Love of Books- (Dink)
The Book Addict (Seth)