Follow the Striped Ones (Orang Belang) — shape shifters originating in the Malaysian jungle. Three books. Three adventures. One species’ fight for survival.
Shadow Cat (Book One) Eric Randall’s plan is simple—fix the mess his researchers have created in Malaysia, experience the pleasures the country has to offer, and return to the comforts of America. All it takes is one beautiful aborigine, and Eric finds himself stranded in a world of Malaysian myths and legends.
A novice shaman amongst her people, Berani is free and independent. Yet all is not well in her homeland. Demons prey on her people, pushing them to extinction. When a strange speaking man invades her forest, she has one more worry to add to her already troubled life. Attraction or no, she will fight Eric tooth and claw to maintain her freedom. But will she destroy herself in the process?
If Berani wishes to save her family… if Eric wishes to reclaim his old life, they must stand together against the threats of encroaching wehr-tigers and bloodsucking demons… or perish.
Published January 2011
- Barnes & Nobles
- Amazon US
- Amazon UK
- Amazon DE
- Amazon FE
- Sony Reader
- Kobo Books
- CreateSpace (Print)
- The Book Depository (Print w/free shipping worldwide)
Add Shadow Cat to your Goodreads list!
- Lily at Lilium’s Realm ~ Their passion leapt off the pages, and drowned out the world as I was captivated by their story.
- Felicia at The Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog ~ Berani and Eric created a very a unique yet fantastic love story.
- Marlene Breakfield at Book Lover and Procrastinator ~ Ms. Jacobs creates an imaginative, complex world filled with interesting, multi-faceted characters.
- Yara at Once upon a Twilight! ~ It is a unique read and its very erotic, so this is definitely for the adult readers of my blog.
- Sueroe at The Romance Reviews ~ SHADOW CAT is an entertaining read. It’s the first of a series and I, for one, will certainly read book two.
- Acquanetta Ferguson at Examiner.com ~ Reena Jacobs brings to life a different type of interracial/paranormal romance than the usual fare, and this is a good thing.
- Melissa at Were Vamps Romance ~ It will keep you wanting more till the very end.
- BLHmistress at Book Lover’s Hideaway ~ The hot erotic scenes left me running for some ice out of my freezer.
- Miranda at My Eclectic Bookshelf ~ Like shifters? Like Strong willed women? Like it when the male gets a WTF moment? Then go grab this book.
- Selena at The Enchanted Book ~ The relationship between Eric and Berani was well-done. When they get together, it’s steamy
As the runt of the litter, Kecil should have died young. The day her mother was murdered, she wished she had. Six years later, her mother’s killer comes out of hiding. Small, insignificant, and useless to her clan, Kecil seeks the wehr-tiger who destroyed her world.
A wanderer branded as a murderer—as undeserving as he is, Mujur only wants to find a place he can call his own. Determined to atone for his past and prove his worth, he hunts the demon which threatens a wehr-tiger matriarch.
When Kecil comes face to face with Mujur, she must decide how much vengeance is enough.
Currently, I’m in the process of editing Chasing Shadows (aka Stray Cat). Even before I finished the first draft of Shadow Cat, I realized there was more to the story. For one, I absolutely loved Bryan. I always knew Bryan’s story would be last. It’s that save the best for last mentality going on. He was just someone I fell in love with. The guy had a lot of baggage, yet was a real trooper. Good natured for the most part, but not one to push around. Then Mujur hopped on the scene. Who was this guy? One thing for sure, I didn’t trust him, and that intrigued me.
It didn’t take long for me to find out why Mujur was so shady. His story started forming in my mind while editing Shadow Cat. Then his heroine (Kecil) revealed herself. Certainly not my strongest heroine, but a survivor in her own right. I love her story; I love her perseverance. Check out the first chapter in the free reads section. 🙂 It’s still rather raw, so you’ll get an opportunity to see my crap before it goes through extensive editing.
Still working on a cover idea, by the way.
Expected Publication Winter 2011/2012
The Striped Ones hits New York City. In the conclusion of the series, our favorite character Bryan battles penanggalan demons while finding his place in the world. Shadows Within is written and sorely in need of a good polish.
Here’s hoping for a great cover. 🙂